Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Picture lockets as gifts for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day

Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are coming up and as per usual I am kind of at a loss at what to get everyone. A few years ago at a photo shop I saw some picture pendants. You take a picture in and they would have it coloured lasered on to a metal pendant. I have always liked that idea, to be able to wear a picture that had good memories as jewellery. At the time I was thinking about having some done up with my children and giving them to their Grandparents for Christmas. The other item I was looking at was a locket that you put pictures into. I think that they are a nice gift idea, but I never did buy one. I just did not have pictures small enough to fit.

Looking around on the Internet today I found a great combination of both of these, lockets that the pictures are colour lasered into the inside. That way I don’t have to deal with looking for pictures that fit, and then try to cut them right and then somehow get them into the locket. This makes it so much easer for me. Also if the locket gets wet or something there will be no damage to the pictures because they are laser printed. I like that as my kids Grandmother lives right on the ocean, and is boating all the time.

I found locket wristwatch that would make great gifts for both Grandpa and Great Grandpa. They can use them as a wristwatch and then lift the watch part up and there the picture is. I am not sure if I will go with the engraving with this one or just put a picture in. I may go with the just the coloured lasered picture because I don’t think either one takes their watches off when washing their hands.



For Grandma and Great Grandmother I am looking at traditional silver lockets. I found some great designs. Though knowing Great Grandmother she will not wear it unless it was a white gold locket. I did find some lockets she would like, two-toned gold with diamonds, but the price is way out of my reach right now. I found some very nice silver lockets that I can afford now, and if I want to I can even get them in time for mothers day.






For me there is a very cool one for Mothers day in the gold lockets. It is a hart locket with a Mom holding a baby on the front. I like it a lot, but it is a bit out of my price range right now. My husband would be happy with the dog tag style ones I found at the photo shop place. Two of them with the kids baby pictures on the front and their names and date of birth on the back. It would be like a cheat sheet for him so he would stop confusing their birthdays.





These lockets are traditional gifts that I think Grandmother and Great Grandmother will appreciate. The watches are useful so I think Grandfather, and Great Grandfather will actually like and use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment