Saturday, December 15, 2007

Great Christmas stocking stuffer ideas for your teen girl

Stockings are always fun. I always end up with more stocking stuffers then I can actually fit into the stocking. It is so much fun to find all these small little gifts and knickknacks to fill stockings. This also goes to show that great things can come in small packages. It is amazing the things one can find to go into a stocking. Here is a list of great Christmas stocking stuffer ideas for your teen girl.

1) Kinder surprise. You never out grow them. They are fun, especially if every one gets one and then we can compare what we each get. They also fit nicely into the toe of a stocking.
2) New Christmas tree ornament. Every year I buy a new Christmas tree ornament and put it into her stocking, and then we put it on the tree when she opens it in the morning. It is a nice tradition that I hope to carry on when she is older and no longer lives with me.
3) Assorted holiday chocolates, cookies and candy. I still like the little Santa’s and chocolate Christmas balls, they fill in any empty areas.
4) Craft supplies like pens, paints, paintbrushes, and bead kits. Mine is still into stickers; glitter and all that art stuff, only now it is called scrap booking. I can usually find small bags of “scrap booking” supplies at Wal-Mart or the dollar store
5) Mini digital camera keychain. There are quite a few different models to select from. I was able to find some starting at about $15.00 online at Sears or Wal-Mart. Though Canadian tire has a Mode mini digital camera keychain on sale for $9.99, regular price $39.99.
6) IPods and MP3’s. They have come down in price and fit perfect into a stocking. I found some with 1 GB and 2 GB around $25.00 to $35.00 that would work just fine. Tigerdirect.ca has them, so did Sears, Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire. Fill the rest of the stocking with accessories.
7) A small joke gifts. I always find a few every year. She has been asking for a cell phone, so I might put the Disney play cell phone, with carry case in to her stocking. It is pink and has a princess on it.
8) Make up and nail care. A stocking is great for the little gifts that I don’t want to wrap like the small makeup kits, eye shadow, lipstick, a cosmetic brush set, nail polish, and a small nail care set.
9) Hair accessories. I also find some fun hair accessories at the mall, clips and the hair elastics with fun things all over them. I can pick up quite a few at the dollar store. A comb or brush usually makes it into the stocking depending on how much room I have left. I am going to try and fit a Conair wet and dry hair straightener into the stocking this year, if I have room.
10) A travel game that does not require batteries. I found a great travel game Travel Reversi pocket play made by Family Games Inc. that is just perfect for her stocking this year. I like to put a game in that does not require batteries, and challenges her mind.
11) Small clothing or accessory items. Gloves, hat, scarf or a pair of theme socks
12) Jewelry. Costume jewelry is always fun. You can find a nice selection in a mall or on-line.
13) Packages of specialty hot chocolate mixes. It is always fun to have a hot chocolate after we open our stockings.

I do know some parents that have had a lot of fun with their teen’s stockings. One mom I know filled it with rocks. They were semi-precious stones. Her daughter liked to make jewelry and for Christmas they bought her a rock tumbler so she could polish her own stones and then make jewelry with them. This is the same lady that filled the stocking with bags of beads. They were all for her daughter to make jewelry with. I thought it was creative.

Written by: Lori-Lee Craig
Medieval Magic
http://www.medievalmagic.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment