If your teen girl loves music then Christmas shopping just got very easy for you. There are so many gifts for the teen girl who loves to listen to or create music, both in actual gifts of music or gifts that revolve around music. Even the style or type of music she is into is not going to limit your gift options. I have created a list of music gift ideas for your teen girl just to help you choose between the 1000’s of gift ideas available.
For the teen girl who enjoys making music:
1) Instruments and instructions on how to play. There are specialty stores that deal with musical instruments and every thing she will need to learn how to play, or just upgrade what she already has. Though some large chain stores do have musical instruments available in the toy section or will have a music instrument section.
http://www.sears.com/ has First Act - Electric Guitar for $199.99, Rockmaster Guitar with Amplifier for $159.99, Portable Electric Guitar with Amplifier or Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Case each for $99.99.
http://www.stevesmusic.com/ is a good site to price check and buy musical instruments.
http://www.dragonsongdrums.com/ is a great place to find unusual musical instruments. They sell handcrafted original design doumbek drums, rattles and talking sticks.
http://www.musicroom.com/ is a good place to find sheet music, books about music, tuition books, music software, and instruments & accessories
2) Music games are a great option. Here are a few that are out right now.
Dream Life Superstar game where she can become a movie star, sports idol, singer, or writer.
High School Musical - Sing It! - Microphone Bundle
High School Musical DVD Board Game
Hannah Montana DVD Game
Singstar Amped for playstation 2
Rock Band for the Xbox 360
Guitar Hero III
3) Karaoke System. There are portable machine available as well as a few Karaoke games. Portable Memorex Karaoke System displays song lyrics on the TV and has full range speakers and is $49.97 at Toys R Us.
4) There are software packages that will let her make her own music on the computer and even burn it to CD’s or save as digital files.
Music Maker 12 deluxe http://www.magix.com/ $49.99
Hip Hop Record Producer Software http://www.hiphopstarz.com/ $35.95
M-Audio Session Software http://www.amazon.com/ $49.99
5) Theme jewelry. You can find theme jewelry such as musical instruments she plays or general music theme jewelry like a charm bracelet with different music notes. These can be found in any jewelry store, jewelry department, some music stores, and some novelty stores. They can also be found on-line. http://www.jeffrey-david.com/ has some great music themed jewelry.
For the teen girl who loves to listen to music:
1) Top pick this year is something for her to listen to music on such as an iPod, MP3 or MP4 player. It has become easer to find iPods, MP3 and MP4 players that can meet any teen girls needs both in style and performance as the price has gone down but the quality has gone up. At http://www.tigerdirect.com/ the Mach Speed 2GB MP3 Player w/ Voice Recorder and Xtatix Pocket Candy 2GB MP3 Player w/ FM Tuner/ Voice are both $39.99. You can find them in any large stores like Wal-Mart, or music and electronic stores. You will want to compare the GB and price. Hart had a 1 GB MP3 with a 1.5” video screen on sale for $29.86. It is not a brand name and only has 1 GB but it is still a MP3 player.
CD players are still popular, though not as much as iPods and MP3 and MP4 players. However you can find CD MP3 combos that will still let her play her CD’s or listen to music saved on to the MP3. Coby MPCD521 Personal MP3/CD Player w/ Anti-Skip Protection is $18.88 on http://www.walmart.com/. It can play up to 14 hours of MP3-formatted music, and also features programmable track memory and digital anti-skip memory. Philips EXP2550/17 Personal CD Player w/ MP3,WMA Playback will let her play MP3 and wma files along with CD/CD-R and is $28.88 at www.wamart.com.
Clock, Radio and CD player is a nice combo gift but if she already has an iPod or MP3 or MP4 player you might as well just get a docking station, or other accessories.
2) Accessories for her iPod, MP3 or MP4 player is the second most popular musical gift pick. There are most unlimited gift options here. Wal-Mart alone has 202 iPod accessories. I am going to list some accessories just to give a few ideas. You can find lots of different accessories under any brand name and price.
iDog, iCat, iFish, and icy are perfect gifts for a teen girl with an iPod or MP3 player. These are great. There is a huge selection to pick from and they even have their own accessories.
Caring Case with speakers. iHome Sport Case with Speaker System for iPod, IH13 Pink. $49.86 at http://www.walmart.com/. It is a water-resistant zippered case securely holds her iPod, shuffle or any other MP3 player. It has two built-in stereo speakers and attaches quickly to bikes, strollers, exercise equipment and other gear. She can operate the iPod controls even when the case is closed.
Arm Band: iPod Nano Armband is $28.76 at http://www.walmart.com/. She inserts her Pod nano into the pocket, wraps the band around her arm or wrist, and secures it with the adjustable fasteners. DLO Action Jacket for iPod Nano 2nd Generation, Pink seems to be more popular with teen girls and is $28.83 at http://www.walmart.com/.
Battery Powered Portable Speakers. IMainGo Portable iPod Speaker System and Case is $39.99 at http://www.target.com/.
Cover, case, or sleeve for the iPod, PM3 or MP4 player. iPod Nano Shell - Pink is $14.99 at http://www.target.com/.
A docking system or station. iLive Speaker Docking System for iPod is $29.98 at http://www.walmart.com/. It will play and charge her iPod. iLive iPod Boom Box, Pink is 39.98 at http://www.wallmart.com/ .
3) Gift certificates for the local or on-line music store for CD’s, DVD’s or a web site she can buy and down load songs. http://www.imusicshare.com/ and http://www.apple.com/itunes/store she can download right away. If she has told you what band or group she likes then you can try to find their CD in a music store, or find that band or groups web site and see what you can buy directly from them. Some times you can buy signed copies of the CD that way.
4) If you know the bands or groups she loves and you can find their tour information, then two or more concert tickets for her and her friends is a great gift.
5) Wearable memorabilia can also be a great gift. Clothing that has a band, group or singers image, or label on it are easy to find, even in a mall. It is easer on line though as most bands, groups or singers have their own websites, and are usually selling product with their image on it. If you cannot find it, you can always have it made. Here are a couple of site that can be helpful http://www.band-tees.com/, www.mymunchmusic.com/store.htm, http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/, http://www.tshirtsville.com/
6) Signed memorabilia is a great gift. There are lots of stores and web sites that sell signed memorabilia, and some times things that belonged to the group, band or singer. Some group’s websites have stores that you can buy their memorabilia at. You just have to keep an eye out for what is out there. Here are a couple of places to look http://www.visionaryrock.com/, http://www.ebay.com/, http://www.millionairememorabilia.com/, http://www.starstore.com/.
7) Other memorabilia. There are a lot of things to pick from, like posters, wall hangings, even framed art, curtains, bed covers, carpets, figures, lamps, clocks and some times even singing dolls. If you can think of it some one has made it, and is probably selling it on line some where, or is willing to make it for you. Here are a couple of online stores that might have what you are looking for http://www.visionaryrock.com/, http://www.starstore.com/, http://www.ebay.com/.
8) Music ring tones for her phone. You can buy a gift certificate that she can use to buy and download different songs to use on her cell phone. http://www.muchmusic.com/ has a very good selection of music ringtones.
9) Christmas theme singing or dancing figure is musical and fun. There is always some thing new at Wal-Mart, Zellers, Target, and Hallmark. If there is a novelty shop in your area they usually have some.
10) Written copy of the Lyrics and the music of her favourite song. You can buy some of them on line. Others you can find for free. Print them off onto nice paper and then frame it. This also works well in a collage with pictures of her and the group or singer or their CD cover artwork. This is also a great thing to have put onto a shirt or even a pillowcase. These days you can customize just about anything. http://www.musicroom.com/ and http://www.jwpepper.com/ are good places to start looking for the lyrics, though there are quite a few other sites that will list lyrics for free. http://www.customink.com/ can print the list onto things for you. Though I have found that most local photo shops or t-shirt stores and even Wal-Mart offer this service.