There are always a lot of toys available at Christmas time. So how do you know what is hot and what is not to 3 and 4 year old kids? There are always toys that are more popular with boys or girls and then there are others that are popular with both. The best way to find out what a 3 or 4 year old likes is to ask them, but to help everyone out I have created a list of Christmas 2007 hottest toys for 3 to 4 year old kids.
Unisex toys, ones loved by both boys and girls.
1) Mr Potato Head has been a popular gift for a very long time, and is still loved today. Here are two very popular potato head gifts. Mr. Potato Head Silly Suitcase is $13.97.
Playskool Mr. Potato Head Transformers Optimash Prime Figure. This is $9.99.
2) Fur Real Butterscotch the Pony. This is like giving them a real pony. This is a great toy that interacts with your child. This is $299.95.
3) MoonSand Adventure Island. This seems to be the new playdoh. Very popular. MoonSand Never Dries out so it can be used again and again. This play kit unfolds to reveal a deserted island, 3 colors of sand and molds to make huts, animals and boats. This is $22.47 at www.toysrus.ca.
4) Digital Arts & Crafts Studio. Kids love to use the computer because they see Mommy and Daddy using it all the time. This is a great way to let them “play” on the computer. The Digital Arts & Crafts Studio makes it easy and safe for kids to create arts and crafts with their home PC and printer. Simply plug into the USB port and turn it on. This is $59.99 at www.toysrus.ca.
5) Tote & Go Laptop Plus Colorful laptop with 30 engaging activities that teach language, math, games, and music. This is $29.99 at www.toysrus.ca.
6) 120 Pieces Play Food Set. Kids love to play with this type of toy. They make food, get you to eat it. This is a great gift. This set comes with 120 pieces of assorted plastic food, canned goods, and boxes. This is $19.99 at www.toysrus.ca.
7) Play Smarter Kitchen. Kids enjoy role playing. In free play mode, children play as they please and the kitchen recognizes each food they use. In learning mode, children are prompted to follow instructions that are on the recipe cards. This is $99.99 at www.toysrus.ca.
8) Building Blocks are a lot of fun. This is one of the more popular sets this year. Wonderbuiders - Animal Themed Building Blocks. Large, colourfully decorated blocks, 80 fun pieces total. This is $32.97 at www.toysrus.ca.
9) Play-doh is still popular and comes in many theme sets. Here are a couple of popular ones.
PLAY-DOH Mountain of Colors. Lots of fun accessories and 15 cans of PLAY-DOH. It is $10.47at www.toysrus.ca.
Play-Doh Fuzzy Pumper Crazy Cuts
Create and shape long locks, cool cuts and super styles. Make all kinds of wild and wacky looks with the 3 different style makers, accessories, and tools. This is $10.47 at www.toysrus.ca.
10) Tricycles are very popular for both boys and girls though they can be found in themes that are more popular for a boy or a girl.
16" Tricycle Hot Wheels. This Hot Wheels Tricycle is for ages 2 years 5 years sturdy custom oversized frame accessories include front hand brake, heavy duty fork, Hi back seat and air tire with wheel disc. This is $19.98 at www.toysrus.com.
11) Games are a lot of fun and even older games are popular this year.
Pop-Up Pirate Push the pirate into the barrel, select your favorite color swords and take turns sliding a sword into the barrel of slots. But beware - if the pirate pops out, you're out. This is $24.99.
Hungry Hungry Hippos Each hippo can be activated with one isolated finger or an entire hand. Try to eat the most marbles and win the game. $17.95
12) Kid-Tough Digital Camera gift set $69.99 at www.toysrus.com.
Top Christmas Gifts for boys 3 and 4 years old
1) The number one top Christmas gift that boys are going to be asking for this year is also going to be the hardest one to find. It is the Transformer Bumble Bee from the new Transformer movie. Why is it selling out so fast? Not just little boys are asking for Bumble Bee. It is popular with adults as well, so there is a high demand for this Transformer. If you have a kid who wants Bumble Bee you better buy it now other wise all you will be able to get is the module/statue ones. And little boys do not want those ones because they do not transform.
2) The second will be all the other transformer toys from the movie. Only the ones that transform, not the module/statue ones because little boys don’t not want the ones that do not transform. When people are unable to buy Bumble Bee they are going to buy what ever other transformer their kids like, or can find. So get them well you can.
Here are a couple of great transformer gifts.
a) Transformer Cyber Slammers. Slam this robot down and watch it go in full vehicle mode. As it rolls along, the robot pops up. These do say for 3 and up, but 5 and 6 year olds still like them a lot.
Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Autobot Jazz, Barricade, Cliffjumber, and Decepticon Brawl Transformer Cyber Slammers are all $7.99 at www.hasbrotoyshop.com.
Autobot Ratchet Transformer Cyber Slammer is $9.99 at www.hasbrotoyshop.com.
b) Transformers Cyber Stompin’ Action figures. They make crashing and crushing sounds, battle sounds, music. They have light-up eyes and chest, a launching robot fist and robot-punch action. There is Bumblebee and Optimus Prime to choose from. They are $19.99 at www.hasbrotoyshop.com.
c) Transformers fast action battlers. Optimus Prime quick-change figure converts from robot mode to truck mode and back again. Robot mode features a launching power-hook projectile. It is $9.99 at www.hasbrotoyshop.com.
Transformers fast action battlers Cannon Blast Ironhide, Battle Blade Starscream, Blade Shield Barricade, Double Missile Decepticon Brawl, Gyro Blade Blackout, Ion Blast Autobot Jazz figures are also available.
d) Transformers Movie Deluxe: Bumblelee Autobot. Change this figure from robot mode to Camaro concept vehicle mode and back again. It features a cannon that converts to a blade in robot mode. This is $9.99 at www.hasbrotoyshop.com. Also available Autobot Jazz, Barricade, Decepticon Brawl, Dreadwing, Megatron, Optimus Prime.
3) Fisher-Price Imaginext dinosaurs. There is a nice selection of dinosaurs so you will have a better chance of getting the one your kid wants. The price is not too high and the selection will let you buy several different types.
4) Spiderman toys are very popular as well. There is even a larger selection of Spiderman toys, games and figures then the transformer toys right now. So the demand by little kids will be high, you do not run the same risk of running out options, as you will with the transformer toys.
5) Yugioh Cards and toys are still in demand and I believe that there are some good computer video Yogioh games out there. The collector tins of Yugioh cards are selling out right now.
6) Diego is very popular. The videos, toys and books are all popular. You can even get furniture, home accessories and even clothing. There is almost no end to Diego products available. You can get big gifts and stocking stuffers quite easily.
7) Trucks and cars and tracks are always popular. Hot wheels cars and tracks are the most popular after the transformer cars. Race tracks are also popular. Here are the top picks.
Hot Wheels 5 Car Gift Set is $7.99 at www.toysrus.ca.
Hot Wheels Shark Park Playset. Kids control a roller coaster elevator that sends cars into the shark's hungry jaws. This is the one my 4 year old son wants, and it is designed for age 4 and up. This is $11.99 at www.toysrus.com.
Hot Wheels Monster Jam Crash & Smash Stadium is $19.99 at www.toysrus.com.
Fast Lane Crash Traxx Super Loop with 2 Light Up Cars is $22.99 at www.toysrus.com’
Cat Construction - Dump Truck Buildable construction vehicles with real rubber wheels, mini blocks and special pieces. This is $9.99 at www.toysrus.ca.
Top Christmas gifts for girls 3 and 4 years old
1) Dora seems to be the most popular for girls in this age range. Almost any thing Dora is very popular from the most expensive toy to an inexpensive book. Here are some of the more popular Dora gifts.
a) Dora the Explorer: Dora's Let's Get Ready Vanity A styling head and vanity all in one, this Dora the Explorer Dora's Let's Get Ready Vanity from Fisher-Price has a full sized Dora styling head with beautiful rooted hair for tons of hair play! This is $99.99 at www.toysrus.ca.
b) Dora's Talking Kitchen - French Edition Includes over 25 accessories and 5 recipe adventures. Creates realistic sound effects. This can be found for about $109.99.
c) Dora Knows Your Name doll Dora Knows Your Name is a 12" cuddly character that incorporates your child's name and favorite things into Dora's phrases and songs. Dora comes with a USB cable, as well as a CD Rom. Using your computer, parent's can download the child's name and favorite things into Dora. This is $49.99.
d) Dora the Explorer - Magical Mermaid Dora Sparkle and Twirl Mermaid Dora transforms from Beach Dora to Mermaid Dora. This is $44.99.
e) Dora the Explorer - Adventure Studio. Over 12 Dora songs. Includes a set of maracas, a Dora outfit, adventure mat and DVD. This is $39.99.
f) Mermaid Adventure - Rainbow Sparkle Dora. This is $14.99.
g) Dora Casa Backyard Treehouse. This is $14.99.
h) Dora the Explorer: Diego and Pony Play Pack. This is $9.98.
i) Dora the Explorer: Dora's Talking Dollhouse This is $51.99 at www.toysrus.com.
2) Baby dolls are always a great gift. Little girls love the $5.00 ones from Wal-Mart as much as the $60.00 ones that eat and drink and have to be changed, or talk to them.
a) Baby Alive Wets & Wiggles Doll Play mommy with this amazing doll that drinks her juice and wets her diaper just like a real baby. This is $29.95 at www.toysrus.ca.
b) Little Mommy Real Loving Baby. Girls are able to name their very own Real Loving Baby, and through speech and hearing the doll will recognize her name, ask for her bottle, play peekaboo with giggles, take her blanket to sleep, and more. This is $47.97 at www.toysrus.ca.
c) Baby Annabell Doll. This Baby Annabell doll is just like a real baby with realistic features, and she now reacts to your voice! When you talk to Baby Annabell she turns her head to the left or the right depending on where your voice is coming from. She babbles, gurgles and sucks on her pacifier. When she drinks from the water-filled bottle, she makes sucking sounds and slowly opens and closes her eyes. Once she has finished drinking, she burps and falls asleep. If she is woken by noise, she cries and real tears roll down her cheeks, but singing soon hushes her. This is $59.99 at www.toysrus.ca.
d) Baby so real. This is a great doll. You can have any combination of features from hair and eye color. You can find one that looks like your little girl or almost anyone. If you go to www.mybabysoreal.com you can pick any doll you like for $29.99.
Written by: Lori-Lee Craig