It is always nice to have the right gift for someone. When you are going to be spending a lot on money on one gift it is even more important to make sure it is something that they will love. It can be hard to know what to get some one who has moved from being a little girl but is not quite an adult yet. To make things easer I have made a list of Christmas 2007 gift ideas under $100.00 for teen girls.
Digital cameras are one of the biggest gifts this year. The price has dropped, the quality has increased and there are many more styles available this year.
1) Sakar 6.1MP Digital Camera. Has edit On Demand technology crop, add frames, message captions, voice recordings and dates to your photos without a computer.
It also has a 1.5" color TFT screen, 4x digital zoom, and auto flash. It supports SD removable storage and is web cam enabled. It does require 2 AA batteries. Current price $79.88 at http://www.sears.com/.
2) VistaQuest 5 MP VQ-5115 Digital Camera. It has 3.2 megapixel resolution, 8x digital, 1.5-inch color LCD, and 32 MB internal memory and Secure Digital (SD) memory card slot. This camera will take pictures and movie clips. Requires 2 AAA batteries. Current Price $58.84 at http://www.walmart.com/.
3) Polaroid 5 MP a550 Digital Camera, Black. It has 5.0 megapixel, 2.0" TFT LCD screen, 4x digital zoom, 16MB built-in storage, SD compatible for expanded memory. This camera can take AVI video clips as well as pictures. It also has Off/auto/red-eye reduction/fill flash, auto white balance settings, and a 10-second self-timer. More importantly it is PC & Mac compatible. It comes with a protective skin, wrist strap, USB cable, and the ArcSoft software on a CD-ROM as well as the required 3 AAA batteries. Current price $69.87 http://www.walmart.com/.
Perfume Science Kit. This is a great gift that lets a teen design and develop their own personal perfume. Current price $ 59.95 at www.physlink.com/estore and $54.95 at http://www.discoverthis.com/. You may want to shop around for this one or similar kits. There are other kits available to make soaps, body creams and other personal products all designed to let a teen girl create something just for her.
Creative Cosmetics - The Science of Skin Care. Start by building a foundation in basic dermatology, and then learn about the chemistry of oils, gels and lotions. Next, mix your own personalized beauty formulas from the cosmetic bases in the kit and natural ingredients from your local market. Finally, learn how to apply your creations to your body, face, lips, nails and eyes. You will also learn the hygiene and safety necessary for proper skin care. The kit includes seventeen different cosmetics base substances to make personalized makeup, lip gloss, body lotion, face cream and shower gel. Current price $54.95 at http://www.discoverthis.com/ and $54.99 at http://www.target.com/.
Ipods and MP3 players are also very popular with teen girls.
1) Apple 1GB iPod Shuffle. This comes in blue, green, silver, red and purple. It has 1GB memory that holds approximately 240 songs. It also comes with earphones, dock and quick start guide. Current price $79.99 at Sears.
2) Transcend T.Sonic 820 2GB MP3 Player, with Color Screen, White. With 1.5-inch SuperColor OLED screen. The T.sonic 820 is an advanced MP3 player designed to play music, photos and video. In addition, the T.sonic 820 player has a FM Radio and Advanced Digital Recording features including, recording using its Built-in Microphone, an External Microphone, or Line-In device. It can also be used to read E-books and store your computer files. Current price $69.99 at http://www.tigerdirect.com/
Panasonic 7” portable DVD player with USB. It includes rechargeable battery, remote control and car adapter. This is great because it is portable, she can take it anyplace and it has a rechargeable battery so she does not need to be by an outlet. Current price $89.97 at Toys R Us
Polaroid Pixie SD Digital Video Camera – Pink. Digital Video Recorder For AVI; Works with Secure Digital Memory Card, MMC for Expanded Memory. It has 2x Digital Zoom, 16MB Built-In Storage, has 640 X 480 resolution, a 1.5" LCD Monitor. The LCD Features Color TFT LCD Display. Additional Functions Include Digital Video Player and Video Capture. It comes with an AV Cable, Batteries, Software, USB Interface Cable, and Wrist Strap. Current price $79.99 at http://www.target.com/.
Jewelry is also very popular. There is a huge selection of individual jewelry pieces or sets available under $100.
1) 10K White Gold .20ct.t.w. Curved Diamond Pendant Necklace. Current price $84.99 sale price, regular $99.99 at http://www.target.com/
2) Three Stone Ruby and Diamond Heart Pendant current price $69.73 at http://www.walmart.com/.
3) Italian Sterling Silver Chain Necklace. The necklace is 18 inches or 46 cm and weighs 35 grams. Current price $ 98.69 on sale, regular price $123.00 at http://www.medievalmagic.ca/. They also have a great selection of Italian sterling silver chains and sterling silver pendants. You can mix and match to get the right gift combination and still be under $100.
4) Some times it is a good idea to look at one-of-a-kind handcrafted jewelry. You can find some unique and stunning pieces under $100. On-line stores are a great way to find one-of-a kind designed jewelry that you would not find in a large chain. Here are some very different sites you may wish to look at: http://www.medievalmagic.ca/, http://www.pureartisan.com/, http://www.tailoredtreasure.com/, http://www.leahjewelry.com/, http://www.dndesignsonline.com/, http://www.kellymeekerdesigns.com/, http://www.clunygreyjewelry.com/, http://www.designjewel.com/, http://www.thesejewelsrock.com/. There are millions of other sites that are just as interesting. Just take the time to look around the Internet to see what you can find.
Name brand clothing, shoes and accessories are all great gifts and can often be found under $100.00. This is perfect if the teen girl has been asking for some thing specific and you know exactly what to buy. The only problems with buying clothing is that it usually does not get the “Oh my God this is the best gift ever” reaction and because fashion and fads change so fast, that piece of clothing she had to have when you bought it, a few weeks before, ends up in the closet because it is not in fashion any more. It is better to give her a gift certificate, or better yet a pre paid credit card she can use to buy what she wants now.
Written by: Lori-Lee Craig